We love being based in Portland, Oregon. Depending on where we want to go, we’re only a car ride away from it – from snowboarding or skiing up at Mount Hood in the Winter, to doing some crabbing and fishing on the Oregon Coast, to going wine tasting in the Willamette Valley. Lucky for brides-to-be in Portland, they have a wide selection as to what venue to choose and where to have it – and that goes with invitations and every little detail.
As Portlanders, there are so many amazing Portland-only landmarks worth taking pictures at or even near when it comes to having some wedding photos done o n the big day. Here are our top ten favorites located in and around the Portland area, with all photos by our friend, Bryan Aulick, in no particular order:
1. Powell’s Books: 1005 W Burnside St.
We love this location because of its colorful array of books, along with different rooms of such amazing colors.
2. Voodoo Donuts: 22 SW 3rd Avenue (Downtown) and 1501 NE Davis St (NE). With not just one but TWO locations to choose from, you can get your wedding… and donuts, too!
3. The International Rose Test Garden: 400 SW Kingston Ave. The garden looks amazing during the summer months, and especially in the middle of the Summer/beginning of Fall, when all the roses are in full bloom.
4. Stumptown Coffee: 128 SW 3rd Ave, 1026 SW Stark St, 100 SE Salmon St, 4525 SE Division Street, 3356 SE Belmont Street
With five locations to choose from, it’s no wonder that Portland is known for our Stumptown coffee!
5. ‘Made In Oregon’ sign: Burnside bridge heading into Old Town. This historic sign has changed several times, but now has become an icon in Portland.
6. Cathedral Park: Located in St.John’s, N Edison Street and Pittsburg Avenue
Cathedral Park is beautifully captured with not only an amazing view of the water and hills, but of St.John’s bridge.
7. Pittock Mansion: 3229 NW Pittock Dr. The views of Portland from this incredible mansion is breathtaking. No shot will be wasted when taking photos at this beautiful location.
8. Forest Park: 4099 NW Thurman Street
Who would’ve known that just a few miles away from the hustle and bustle of Downtown Portland, you can get in touch with nature? This beautiful park boasts some great hiking paths and views.
9. Portland Japanese Garden in Washington Park. With an array of flowers, and according to their website, ‘the most authentic Japanese garden outside of Japan’, this garden will have you wanting to take some home for yourself!
10. Union Pine: 525 SE Pine Street
A versatile and beautiful space, Union Pine will definitely turn your wedding into a party all your guests will be talking about – not to mention their aesthetic is pleasing to the eyes.
As always, we’re more than happy to customize your invitations to your colors, and most importantly, your location. Click here to see how you can create the invitations and so much more for your big day. Unsure of where to begin? Shoot Janice an e-mail, and she’ll be more than happy to help you begin this exciting and fun design process!